Welcome to Room 2!
I am delighted to spend the next 180 days with you. You are my fifteenth class at Hardy School but I am just as excited as I was when I first started teaching in 2003. I have always taught fifth grade and I love it because fifth graders are just plain awesome! I am very much looking forward to September 5th when I finally get to meet my new class and learn what makes each and every one of you you. Here are a couple of things you might like to know about me before we meet:
1. I live in Arlington with my daughter Juliana.
2. I love to sing and have been known to belt out a line or two of a favorite song during class.
3. I fear squirrels (weird, I know)!
4. I hold my students to high expectations. I want you to work hard so that you can be the best that you can be.
5. I love reality television shows like The Voice, So You Think You Can Dance and Master Chef.
6. Summer is my favorite season. I love the beach and the relaxation that goes along with it.
7. I love the color black!
8. My favorite genre of literature is realistic fiction and reading is something I really enjoy. This summer I have read eight books!
9. My favorite subject to teach is math.
10. I grew up in Arlington and am very happy to be teaching in the community in which I went to school.